It’s Not Just Creative Writing, It’s Creative Living!
A writer’s retreat can change your life!
It’s not just about time to write. It’s about being able to unplug from all the distractions in your busy life and to immerse yourself completely at the page.
How often do you get that chance?
It can make all the difference in working through an obstacle. Add in the strategies we’ll give you and you’ll be able to create time for your writing and then to make the most of that time once you get back home.
This retreat is the ideal place to reconnect with your reason for writing. Or, maybe, to connect with that part of yourself for the very first time.
“The retreat was a combination of insightful and valuable writing
strategies within an environment of beauty, peacefulness, and calm.”
The West Of The Moon Writer’s Retreat will help you:
- Learn practical tools you can use to write with intention, perseverance, focus and clarity
- Listen deeply to your body to discover your authentic self (the reason you’re probably in this whole writing thing in the first place)
- Listen deeply to your body to tap into the stories stored there
- Sculpt time to be at the page
- Specific tools and techniques to develop and to maintain momentum, and establish a consistent writing practice
- Experience writing as a way to connect with your authentic self
- Be part of a supportive community of peers that is committed to writing and listening together
- Time for you. Just you! (each day you’ll get time to disappear if you want, to explore New Harmony or your writing or yourself)
- Remember not just how it feels to play, but how play can benefit your life
- Write into your stories
Yes, beginners are absolutely welcome. So are accomplished scribes.
You’ll be led by creative, supportive, fun-loving facilitators that bring writing experience and diverse backgrounds as coaches, mentors, teachers, as well as training and/or experience in photography, creativity coaching, and more.
9th Annual West of the Moon Writer’s Retreat
June 5th – June 10th 2022
Historic New Harmony, IN
WINE & WORDS: Free Public Reading at Sara’s Harmony Way
(New Harmony’s Charming Wine Bar on 6/8/22 from 5:00PM-8:00PM)
Plus Open Mic Featuring LOCAL WRITERS!
AN AVERAGE DAY
- Gentle Morning Yoga
- Morning presentations/workshops
- Post-lunch small group break-out sessions/mini-workshops
- Free time each day (to create, reflect, recharge, explore, or to do whatever you want/need to do)
- Outdoor activities (walking, hiking, bike rides, soaking up tranquility, exploring the various parks and gardens in town, nearby state park)
- Afternoon is also time for One-on-One coaching (if desired, arrangements may be made for one-on-one coaching or mentoring for an additional fee)
- Evening activities including informal evening readings (purely voluntary), Q&A time if desired.
*Each day you’ll have time to explore, hunker down, be at the page, take what you’ve been learning and apply it to your specific writing project.
Final day – morning yoga, breakfast, recap, takeaways, a mala share of some snippets written during the week.
West of the Moon Retreat
June 5th – June 10th 2022
- $500 deposit needed to hold your spot, balance payable in installments
- Overnight Accommodations for 5 NIGHTS in the charming New Harmony Inn
- PRIVATE ROOM (with writing desk)
- PRIVATE BATH
- Use of all New Harmony Inn amenities (pool, fitness facility, free bike rentals, and more)
- Breakfast (each day)
- Lunch (each day)
- Conference Center (meeting space for workshops)
- Gentle Morning Yoga
- Traditional Workshops
- Quiet Time & Space for Writing (or for exploring, taking photographs, decompressing, restoring)
- Mindfulness & Meditation Work
- TWO Experienced, Dedicated Facilitators
- Historic Small Town (founded on the concepts of collaboration, community, peace of mind)
- Remarkable Creative Energy
- A Sense of Community
- and more . . .
*dinners are on your own (though retreaters are invited to join Terry and Dave each night if desired)
**come early or stay longer – additional overnight accommodations may be made at an additional cost
Early Bird Special
*$500 Early Bird deposit due on or before 1/01/22
(balance due is payable in installments due 3/1/22, 4/1/22 & 5/01/22)
Compare the West of the Moon Writer’s Retreat with other traditional writing retreats and with other yoga & writing retreats and we’re sure you’ll agree we offer more for less.
You don’t just get daily yoga sessions separate from your writing, but we show you how to use your body as a way INTO your writing with the intention of giving you more control over when and how you write.
You get traditional and some not-so-traditional workshops to provide you with an assortment of tools you can rely on once you get back home. After all, our goal is to show you how to be at the page long after the retreat is over.
Each participant gets her/his own private room with a writing table, so you can take what you learn in workshop even further, as well as private bath. Nearby gardens, labyrinths, and hiking trails also offer a chance to get out and enjoy nature.
Come see for yourself what sets us apart. It just might change your life!