It’s Not Just Creative Writing, It’s Creative Living!
What Is West of the Moon?
A chance to honor your creative self. And, at its essence, permission to pursue your creative dreams. Permission you give yourself.
We want to show you ways to integrate your passion into your everyday life, to help you recognize that your creative life is part of that life, an essential part, and that you don’t have to give up everything you have in order to pursue your dream.
Is Everything Mandatory?
Simple answer: No!
At West of the Moon we’ve taken the best elements of Guided Retreats and Self-Directed Retreats to create something we hope you will find special.
While there are a lot of offerings (below are just a few), none of them is required:
- Gentle Morning Yoga (restorative and rejuvenating yoga)
- Traditional Workshops (designed to help you Honor Your Creative Self)
- Embodied Writing Workshops (combining movement, breathing and writing prompts to help you find your way into your writing)
- Moving Meditation Workshops (designed to help get you out of your own way)
- Evening Activities
- Public Reading (at Sarah’s Wine Bar in town, purely voluntary for those interested in sharing)
- More . . .
All the workshops and programs are created with the intention of providing you a variety of tools and techniques to help you get to the page and write (during the retreat, and especially when you get home).
West of the Moon Retreat is Your Retreat!
What that means is, while we create a safe space, offer several workshops designed to help you into your writing, and provide opportunities for you to create, share your work, connect with other creatives, and move your body through yoga and other low-impact activities, WOTM is ultimately yours to pick and choose those experiences that resonate most with you so that you might honor your creative call (not just during the retreat, but after you return home).
Nothing is mandatory!
But we do ask that you give yourself permission to try new things. And, especially, to listen to that deep down part of yourself.
West of the Moon Retreat
June 5th – June 10th 2022
- $500 deposit needed to hold your spot, balance payable in installments
- Overnight Accommodations for 5 NIGHTS in the charming New Harmony Inn
- PRIVATE ROOM (with writing desk)
- PRIVATE BATH
- Use of all New Harmony Inn amenities (pool, fitness facility, free bike rentals, and more)
- Breakfast (each day)
- Lunch (each day)
- Conference Center (meeting space for workshops)
- Gentle Morning Yoga (voluntary)
- Traditional Workshops
- Mind-Body Workshops
- Quiet Time & Space for Writing (or for exploring, taking photographs, decompressing, restoring . . .)
- Mindfulness & Meditation Work
- Experienced, Dedicated Facilitators
- Historic Small Town (founded on the concepts of collaboration, community, creativity, peace of mind)
- Public Reading (this is a voluntary event for anyone interested in reading their work, see below)
- Creative Energy (it’s palpable)
- A Sense of Community (a wonderful, compassionate, supportive group of like-minded creatives)
- and more . . .
*dinners are on your own (though retreaters are invited to join Terry and Dave each night if desired)
**come early or stay longer – additional overnight accommodations may be made at an additional cost
Learn more about the retreat (like what to expect each day, benefits of WOTM, and more) here. And learn more about the tranquility and creative energy of this special place, New Harmony, here.
Early Bird Special
*Secure an Early Bird Discount by making your $500 deposit on or before 3/01/22
(balance due is payable in installments due 4/01/22 & 5/01/22)