Time! Space! Inspiration!
What You Want! What You Need!
Sometimes we can see our path, but it feels too far away. Other times, we get so good at walking past it that we begin to forget it’s even there.
Sometimes we stop with our feet close to the way, but something holds us back (fear, guilt, doubt). Sometimes, once we find that hidden path, we need a bridge to get there . . .
By definition, a bridge is a “time, place, means of connection.”
We want to show you ways to connect with that deep down part of yourself that you may have set aside, or forgotten about, or simply given up on.
We want to show YOU how to be your own bridge.
“. . . we discussed ways to improve my writing experience
and to let go of many preconceived notions that have plagued
me from my earliest moments of writing . . .” – former retreater
Here is some of what we offer you at West of the Moon:
- Space and time to be creative
- A safe environment with like-minded creatives
- Techniques to help you get to the page
- Insight regarding the importance and the value of honoring your creativity
- Strategies on how to craft a life that includes work, family, friends and creativity
- We will teach you how to use moving meditation as a way into your writing
- Craft-related workshops to help you tap into your stories
- Opportunities for sharing: your struggles, intentions, concerns . . . writing
- A safe place to share your writing (if you wish to do so)
- Compassionate, intuitive, supportive, light-hearted, laugh-inducing coache
“I’m killing time while I wait for life to shower
with meaning and happiness.” – Calvin & Hobbes
One of the most rewarding aspects of this retreat (for us and for you) is that it’s NOT simply about the five days you’re in New Harmony. We give you tools, techniques, and strategies (not to mention a community and ongoing support) to take back home so you can maintain the momentum you build while you’re with us.
Find out more about the West of the Moon Writer’s Retreat HERE.