It’s Not Just Creative Writing, It’s Creative Living!
Sometimes we can see our path, but it feels too far away. Other times, we get so good at walking past it that we begin to forget it’s even there.
Sometimes we stop with our feet close to the way, but something holds us back (fear, guilt, doubt).
Sometimes, once we find that hidden path, we need a bridge to get there . . .
By definition, a bridge is a “time, place, means of connection.” We want to show you ways to connect with that deep down part of yourself that you may have set aside, or forgotten about, or simply given up on.
We want to show YOU how to be your own bridge.
“. . . we discussed ways to improve my writing experience
and to let go of many preconceived notions that have plagued
me from my earliest moments of writing . . .”
Here is some of what we offer you at West of the Moon:
- Space and time to write (in a setting that’s all about serenity and peace of mind)
- A safe environment conducive to creativity
- Techniques for overcoming self-doubt and fear which might be keeping you from the page
- Insight regarding the importance and the value of honoring your creativity
- Strategies on how to craft a life that includes work, family, friends and creativity
- We’re not just going to tell you about the impact of the mind-body connection on your writing, your health, your happiness, we’re going to let you experience for yourself how you can use that connection to your advantage
- Tips on how to look deep within and get a sense of your stories
- Craft workshops to help you understand the “how” of telling your stories
- Opportunities for sharing: your struggles, your intentions, your concerns, your writing.
- Deep listening – we’ll listen to you and we’ll offer support and encouragement. By the end of the week you’ll be listening to yourself and to your body even more
- TWO (that’s right, two) compassionate, intuitive, award-winning, supportive, fun coaches
“I’m killing time while I wait for life to shower
with meaning and happiness.” ~Calvin & Hobbes
Many writers aren’t writing because they’re waiting for life to give them time, for inspiration to strike, for all the distractions to go away. But that’s not the way it works.
As Jack London wrote: “You can’t wait for inspiration. Sometimes you have to go after it with a club.”
We’re not suggesting you start clubbing things in search for inspiration. But we are suggesting that you can gain some control over when inspiration happens if you have the right tools.
And that’s what we want to share with you. Tools that have worked for us. We want you to stop passing by those “secret gates” and take the path that leads to the thing you love to do.
We want you to realize that having a creative life is an essential part of having a happy life.
One of the most rewarding aspects of this retreat (for us and for you) is that it’s NOT simply about the five days you’re in New Harmony. We give you tools, techniques, and strategies (not to mention a community and ongoing support) to take back home so you can maintain the momentum you build while you’re with us.
Sound good? We know how good it feels!
Find out more about the West of the Moon Writer’s Retreat HERE.